Unwritten stories, uncharted ideas, unending possibilities. Ideas are not a problem for me at this point in my writing career. Finding time to finish stories is another matter. Because it’s been awhile since I updated my progress (and it totally fits the U theme of the day) I thought this would be a good time to look at the story ideas I’ve recorded and the progress (if any) as well as genre. Bear with the working titles; those are just a way for me to remember which file is which.
Into the “Projects” folder we goooooooooooooo…..
- Underworld (Fantasy Horror) Word Count = WC 835 of novella
- Celestial Seas (Inspirational Romance) WC 4,761
- Habitat (Post-Apocalyptic, Medieval Werewolf Fantasy) (Yes, I’m serious.) WC 7,000
- Dragon’s Maid (Fantasy, MG or YA) WC 8,263
- Melia Nahlia’s Tribe WC 1,752
- Faery Lands (Excerpt) 418
- Covenant House Sitay (Dystopian) WC 19,325
- The Mage (Fantasy) WC 6,688
- Celtic Soul (Highland Romantic Suspense or is it Suspenseful Romance?) WC 5,470
- Bendiin World – Fighter of the First Order (Sci-fy) WC 7,812
- Zombie Romance WC 16,174
- The Teacher and the Wolf (Paranormal) WC 17,804
- Other ideas saved as: compelled, weird dream, shadow feeds, the rejects, Mischief and the Mommy Monster, Bear Dancing, The Ridged, Pod K8, Hollywood Suite (Contemporary Suspense)
- Non-Fiction: I Dreamt of Alaska, Messiness Is a Gift and Other Unexpected Blessings from God, Wooing the Warrior
AND FINALLY the next book in my Begotten Bloods series (BB3) stands at WC 59,540 which sounds like a lot except I’m beginning to think I’ll have to make two books out of the story I have going. But I should talk about that tomorrow since it will be V is for Vampires day.
So you can see my genres are all over the place which I think is okay for an early career author. This is my time to experiment with no demands (well, except for the youth in the young writers group who regularly ask if my Dragon book is finished yet and the readers patiently waiting for the next Begotten Bloods novel).
I guess it’s possible I’ll run out of ideas some day, however there is already enough on my plate to last for several years. For now the day dreams of full-time writing will have to wait. Thankfully, day-to-day progress is still possible.
Kristin King is an author and publisher. Her top sellers are “Unsinkable Vampire” and “Cain’s Coven,” and her latest novel in the Begotten Bloods Series is Death Taint. Her imprint Three Kings Publishing can be found here. Three Kings is a Mom & Pop publisher of Christian writers (not necessarily Christian books).